- Analyzing Electoral Promises with Game Theory, London: Routledge, 2021. Website
- (A)symmetric Information Bubbles: Experimental Evidence (with Yukihiko Funaki, Kozo Ueda, and Nobuyuki Uto), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 110, Article 103744, 2020. Download(open access)
- Strategic Ambiguity with Probabilistic Voting, Journal of Theoretical Politics 31(4), pp. 626-641, 2019. Download (Working Paper Version)
- Legislative Term Limits and Government Spending: Theory and Evidence from
the United States (with Tetsuya Matsubayashi and Michiko Ueda), The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy 16(3), pp. 1501-1538, 2016. Download (Working Paper Version)
- Buisiness Cycle and the Entry of Third-party Candidates in the US State-level
Elections (with Tetsuya Matsubayashi), Japanese Political Science Review 3, pp. 43-65, 2016. Download
- Campaign Promises as an Imperfect Signal: How does an Extreme Candidate
Win against a Moderate Candidate?, Journal of Theoretical Politics 27(4), pp. 613-649, 2015. Download (Working Paper Version)
- Partially Binding Platforms: Campaign Promises vis-a-vis Cost of Betrayal, Japanese Economic Review 66(3), pp.322-353, 2015. Download (Working Paper Version)
- One-sided Games in a War of Attrition, The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics 15(2), pp. 313-331, 2015. Download (Working Paper Version)
- Dynastic Politicians: Theory and Evidence from Japan (with Takeshi Iida, Tetsuya Matsubayashi, and Michiko Ueda), Japanese Journal of Political Science 16(1), pp. 5-31, 2015. Download (Working Paper Version)
- The Boy who Cried Bubble: Public Warnings against Riding Bubble (with Kozo Ueda), Economic Inquiry 52(3), pp. 1137-1152, 2014. Download (Working Paper Version)
- Guiding the Economy toward the Targeted Inflation Rate: An Evolutionary
Game Theory Approach (with Tatsushi Okuda). Working Paper Version.
- Book Review: Seijikeizaigaku de yomitoku seifu no kodo: Abenomikusu no
riron bunseki (The Political Economy of Government’s Choices: Theoretical
Analysis on Abenomics), Social Science Japan Journal 22(1), pp.163-166, 2019.
- Japan's political dynasties fail the porky test (with Takeshi Iida, Tetsuya Matsubayashi and Michiko Ueda), East Asia Forum, 16 April 2015.
Research in Japanese